In a post that began over at Clairnation’s blog, which in turn was response to friend Kathleen’s post on the personal pursuit of happiness, I, too have found myself tagged to name the 10 things that makes me happy, or as I will put it, achieve a moment of zen. So here it goes (in no particular order):
1. Listening to my boyfriend’s music collection with him with the lights turned low. That was just about the best thing when we first started dating.
2. The transition from Winter to Spring or Summer to Fall, those days with all those in-between temperatures.
3. My grandma’s corny jokes.
4. Traveling just about anywhere, especially with my brother and uncle.
5. Watching that part in 16 Candles when Samantha notices Jake standing by his Porche just outside of the church where her sister gets married and they cue up the music.
6. Skateboarding down a not-too-steep hill and just doing simple surf-styled banking left and right all the way to the end.
7. Hanging out with my friends, anytime.
8. An ice cold Lindeman’s Lambic Framboise (fancy talk for amazing raspberry-flavored beer from Belgium) poured in a glass.
9. Early summer evenings in Florida just after a rainstorm.
10. Slow make outs.
Since Clairnation already tapped S McD among others to post their own lists and it doesn’t look like AC has kept her blog going and my other blog friends don’t post this kind of content, I’m making this an open tag: post yours and link back. We’re always curious what the rest of the world is thinking.